Edmonds & McKinlay’s Top 10 Photography Moments of 2015
2015 marked the second full year of wedding photography under our joint company (Edmonds & McKinlay Photography) and we couldn’t be happier as we look back on a year full of love, laughter and celebration.
It was a tough process but we’ve narrowed down our top 10 favourite moments of this past photography season. Here they are! (In no particular order) 🙂
1. Corey, Nicole and the runaway ring-bearer: This photo was one of many favourites of our time in the Distillery District! We love shooting there for the atmosphere, the variety of interesting backdrops, the warmth of the bricks, and especially how fabulous it makes the couple look … but how cute is this little ring bearer running away with the gift box?!
2.Chris and Colin #BowTyingTheKnot: Chris, Colin and 100-ish of their closest friends and family packed into Toronto’s East Thirty Six restaurant for an afternoon of appetizers, laughs and one of the most beautiful wedding ceremonies we’ve ever witnessed. These two were a blast to spend the day with and we were so glad to help them start their married life.
3. Corey and Shaleen’s Airport Engagement: Corey and Shaleen kicked off their travel-themed wedding in style with an engagement shoot at Toronto’s Pearson Airport. We couldn’t have been more excited to join them there for the afternoon of photographing such a great couple in such an interesting place – but it sure did make us want to escape Toronto’s cold weather!
4. Alison and Kevin’s Cambridge “winter” engagement session: When Alison and Kevin described what they were looking for in their pre-Christmas engagement photos in Cambridge, we all pictured a snowy white scene with festive holiday touches, but the universe had other plans! Our unseasonably warm winter meant their December shoot had green grass and temperatures in the mid-teens, but these two rolled with it! In the end, we love their ‘late fall’ pics.
5. Laura and Blair’s Scarborough Bluff’s Engagement: When we met Laura and Blair at the Scarborough Bluffs for their engagement shoot, they mentioned that they don’t have their photo taken often and they were a bit nervous. Moments later, they were total pros! We had a blast with these two, frolicking on a (freezing cold) bluffs beach, and we can’t wait to celebrate their wedding in 2016.
6. Jen and Francesco stop for ice cream on their wedding day: What better way to take a break from wedding mayhem than to stop for an ice cream break?
7. Sandra and Mike’s joyous day: We can’t even begin to describe how much fun we had with Sandra and Mike on their wedding day. Introduced to us by a mutual friend, Sandra and Mike are two of the warmest, kindest individuals – and their friends and family were no different. So much love radiated from this wedding and we think you can see it on their faces here.
8. Shaleen’s gorgeous henna’ed bridesmaids: Shaleen and Corey’s wedding was a GORGEOUS two-day affair, which made choosing one photo or highlight tricky. Check out the gallery of their day to see the rest!
9. Ashley and Dan recreate a family pose: Ashley & Dan tied the knot at The Old Mill in Toronto on a beautiful day in August. This photo quickly became a favourite when Ashley shared that it was a pose her parents had photographed on their wedding day and she wanted to recreate it to have something similar on her wedding day. It’s moments like these that make our work so meaningful with our couples – capturing family traditions and memorable moments in such an exciting season!
10. Jeremy and Gretchen tie the knot at City Hall. Jeremy, Gretchen and both sets of their parents headed down to Toronto City Hall for an intimate and small ceremony, a quiet and special precursor to a 400-person shindig they plan to host in China next year. We were so glad to be a part of this important day for them.